Tradition in Hévíz
However, the roots of the bathing cure known today date back to 1795, into the times of Count György Festetics. Thanks to the knowledge, accumulated since then, and to the expertise, hundreds of thousands have regained their health, so the Traditional Hévíz Therapy has become a trademark of the town.
The Traditional Hévíz Therapy is based on the medicinal water of Hévíz, which, due to its rich mineral content, is particularly effective in the treatment of musculoskeletal disorders. Its effectiveness is proved by recent medical researches as well as thousands of cured guests. Using it as natural medicine – under medical guidelines – can help to mitigate several complaints.
Our hotel has been awarded the Hévíz Traditional Cure trademark for its high quality and traditional treatments!
How does the Traditional Hévíz Therapy begin?
In each case, the setting up of the complex therapy plan is preceded by a medical examination with condition assessment. Based on your personal condition, the specialists determine the therapy elements that build on each other, such as the duration of bathing in the medicinal water, the type and frequency of treatments, on the spot. The treatments are carried out according to specified rules by qualified personnel and under continuous medical control for the sake of your receiving quality service. Not only do the treatments of Hévíz result in momentary improvement, but they also prevent the recurrence of pain for months.
Take the Traditional Hévíz Therapy and experience the positive effects of the therapeutic factors!
What problems can Hévíz help?
- Back, neck and spine pain
- Joint degeneration and calcification e. g. knee, hip, shoulder, wrist complains
- Problem with muscles and ligaments
- After-treatment of rheumatologic, orthopaedic, musculoskeletal surgeries and accidents
- Prevention and treatment of ‘manager diseases’
- Sports injuries
The basic elements ‘of the Traditional Hévíz Therapy:
- Bathing in certified medicinal water
- Medicinal mud wrap or a Hévíz mud bath
- Weight bath – based on the invention of acclaimed rheumatologist and Hévíz resident, Dr Károly Moll
Additional elements: therapeutic massage, movement therapy, physio-, and hydrotherapy, drinking cure
The step of the therapy:
- Medical examination
- Creating an individualised treatment plan
- Attending treatments: ideally, 1-2 treatments a day for 2-3 weeks
- Medical examination and assessment
The total cost or a part of the cost of the Hévíz therapy can be covered by your domestic health insurance provider. Consult your general practitioner for the details!
Why are Hévíz therapies special?
- Complex therapy that focuses on the individual
- Continuous medical control
- Individualised therapy based on a treatment plan
- Long-term effects
- Natural cure
- Effectiveness proven by recent medical researches
In case of the following healthy problems the bathe cure is not recommended (contraindications):
- malignant tumors (not even after a successful operation)
- decompensated heart failure
- after infarction (heart attack)
- inflammatory diseases (e.g.: phlebitis)
- infectious diseases (Hepatitis, pneumonia)
- Leukemia and other hematopoietic diseases
- sudden fainting fits (e.g. Epilepsy, Adams-Stokes syndrome)
- extended open wound
- untreated hyperfunction of the thyroid
Water composition in our hotel
|Cations mg/l||Anions mg/l|
||Meta-boric acid 0,12
||Free carbon dioxide 129
||Hydrogen carbonate 378
|Kationen insgesamt 147,43
||Anions in total 455,56